If you were hoping to help enhance healthcare for others in our community and region with a year-end gift while at the same time take advantage of the tax rewards, don’t worry – there’s still plenty of time to give your gift to the Benefis Foundation.
The Benefis Foundation office is open today and also will be open Monday and Tuesday next week for those who’d like to make year-end gifts before 2014 comes to a close. You have the option of making your gift online at www.benefisfoundation.org as well.
The Foundation office will be closed on Wednesday (New Year’s Day) and will reopen on Thursday and Friday.
Information on year-end gifts:
Gifts by cash or checks:
1. If delivered by mail, the gift date is the postmark.
2. If delivered via the Foundation website, the gift date is the date which the electronic funds transfer is approved by the Foundation’s bank.
3. If hand delivered to Peace Hospice, the SCI, Gift of Life Housing or other such entities, the date of the gift is the date they received the checks or cash.
4. If hand delivered to the Foundation office, the date of the gift is the date of delivery.
Gifts by credit card:
1. If we receive a credit card number in the mail, the date of the gift is the date the credit card company approves the charge. NOTE: The postmark does not rule here.
2. If we receive a credit card gift via the website, the date of the gift is the date the credit card company approves the charge.
Gifts of stock:
1. The date of the stock gift is the date the stock is recorded to our brokerage account or an irrevocable stock power is signed by the donor.
If you have any questions about year-end gifts, please call our office at (406) 455-5840 or send an email to email@example.com.
Thank you, and Happy New Year everyone!